LSA CA Classics Ambassadors
Would you like to help spread the word about local and national Classics events and the study and enjoyment of the history, languages, art, culture and literature of the Ancient World?
Are you able to attend two or more LSA CA lectures a year as an ambassador? Work to a deadline and reply to emails promptly?
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable people to represent the Association in their school or college by volunteering to do some, or all, of the following:
- let your school know about the range of events and opportunities organised by the Association
- answer queries and direct people to the LSA CA website or the Secretary for further information
- encourage students aged 11-19 years old to enter the annual Classics Competition
- encourage eligible young people to apply for a student bursary to enable them to attend a Classical Civilisation and Ancient History Summer School at Repton School
- gather feedback from your fellow students so we know what people would like us to do in the future
- suggest ideas for future events and lecturers
- write occasional blogs for the LSA CA website and our Agora newsletter
- give the vote of thanks to visiting speakers
- help organise and/or volunteer to help run future events that may happen as a result of feedback
I’d love to! Here’s what we can offer you:
- The chance to be involved in Outreach work with a very well respected organisation and include details of your work on your Personal Statement/CV
- Free membership of the Association whilst you are an ambassador and beyond!
- A guaranteed introduction and chat with visiting lecturers and authors prior to the lecture
- The chance to have your articles published on the LSA CA website and in our Agora newsletter
- An annual gift voucher for the Association’s Classics Bookstall