Would you like to help spread the word about local and national Classics events and the study and enjoyment of the history, languages, art, culture and literature of the Ancient World?
If so, you may be interested in becoming an ambassador for the Lytham St Annes Classical Association (LSA CA). Each school may have up to three ambassadors.
We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable people to represent the Association in their school or college by volunteering to do some, or all, of the following:
- let your school know about the range of events and opportunities organised by the Association
- answer queries and direct people to the LSA CA website or the Secretary for further information
- identify and send the details of suitable events for publication in the What’s On section of the website
- encourage eligible young people to apply for a student bursary to enable them to attend a Classics Summer School at Repton School
- gather feedback from your fellow students so we know what people would like us to do in the future
- suggest ideas for future events and lecturers
- write occasional blogs for the LSA CA website
- give the vote of thanks to visiting speakers
- help organise and/or volunteer to help run future events that may happen as a result of feedback
LSA CA Classics Ambassadors
Are you able to:
- Attend two or more LSA CA lectures a year as an ambassador?
- Work to a deadline and reply to emails promptly?
If so, we can offer you:
- The chance to be involved in Outreach work with a very well respected organisation and include details of your work on your Personal Statement/CV
- Free membership of the Association whilst you are an ambassador
- A guaranteed introduction and chat with visiting lecturers and authors prior to the lecture
- The chance to have your articles published on the LSA CA website
- A thank you letter from the LSA CA President, Dr Michael Scott, at the end of your tenure and an annual gift voucher for the Association’s Classics Bookstall
We would like to thank our current Classics Ambassadors Alex Melling, Harvey Phythian, Liv Sample and Samuel Southern, from Runshaw College, Bolton School and AKS Lytham respectively, for their hard work over the past six months. They are a joy to work with and the Association benefits greatly from their input, expertise and enthusiasm. Special thanks and good luck to departing Ambassador, Leon Hewitt, as he pursues his love for classics at university this autumn.